How much does it cost to hire you?
- For a quote, you will need to contact us. Your quote will include the cost of the band services, travelling expenses, additional equipment/arrangements, song requests etc Rest assure, our quotes are competitive for a professional act, and at least 15 – 20% cheaper than an agency booked band.
What songs do you play? Can you learn a song request for our wedding?
- Our most up-to-date song list can be found here. We are more than happy to learn your song request; whether its a first dance or a special song for your event. We can also tailor our set lists to play specific genres or songs.
How long does it take you to set up?
- We request two hours before the agreed performance time. This is to load in, set up, sound check, to get changed etc. This is essential to make sure that we get the best possible sound and volume to make the listening experience as enjoyable as possible…and to look the part of course! Timings for your event will be discussed when booking Discovered.
How long do you play for?
- Normally we’d perform either 2 x1 hour sets or 3 x 40 minute sets. We can play longer or even additional sets, please note that you may be subject to additional charges if you wish for us to play for longer or if we’re required to play past midnight.
What requirements do you need from the venue/event?
- Wall plugs (standard UK 13a) that are easily accessible, and more importantly, safe (we check ALL plugs before setting up). We recommend at least 2 – 4 wall plugs to allow us to spread the current load safely for both the venue and our equipment (consisting of lighting and sound).
- if a venue has a sound limiter installed and if its possible to disable it.
- A good sized playing area of around 5m x 3m would give us enough room for equipment and to give the drummer some leg room (he’s a tall lad). If a venue/event has a stage, then great, so long as it matches the 5x3m measurements.
- Parking close to the performance area is also a major factor we take into account when planning a booking and working out set up times. The further we have to carry equipment in, the longer we’re delayed setting up. If we are not playing on the ground floor of the venue, lift access is also a plus if that’s available.
- Changing facilities – Somewhere for us to get ready, to store road cases etc. The venues toilets are NOT acceptable, so please ensure this is arranged with the venue before the date of the event.
- Our PA is of professional standard, and is suitable for an audience of 100-200 (approx. 2000w at peak power).
- For bigger audiences we may advise the hire of a bigger PA for your event
- our lighting consists of par cans for the band, and various forms of active lighting for the dancefloor and room.
- all equipment carries public liability insurance and is PAT tested on a regular basis. Copies of our certificates can be presented upon request.
Do you provide any additional services as part of bookings?
- We can provide background music for the intervals to keep things moving (no extra charge but please inform us upon booking)
- As mentioned earlier, we can learn a song or two (ie. first dance) for a booking for no additional charge.
What happens if a member isn’t able to play due to ill health?
- In the case of illness with any members of the band we have dep musicians that are more than capable of taking the reins of the booking. Regardless of what happens, we will still be able to play your event.
Any more questions?